Subject: To OCPs for Influenza for action: Virus characterisation/antiviral susceptibility data call for southern hemisphere VCM report
From: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ECDC Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 15:45:19 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To:         Operational Contact Points for Influenza (microbiology)

Cc:         National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases, National 
Coordinators

Dear Colleagues,

We intend to prepare a summary report of the influenza antigenic, genetic, 
and antiviral characterisation data with the available TESSy data. This 
report will be shared with the GISRS network and submitted to the WHO 
Consultation on the Composition of Influenza Virus Vaccines for use in the 
2025 Southern Hemisphere Influenza Season which will take place 23-27 
September 2024 (SH VCM).

The snapshot of the characterisation data reported to TESSy will be taken on 
22 August (with upload of data latest by 10:00 am CET 22 Aug). Please upload 
the available data to TESSy in strain-based format in INFLANTIVIR record 
type, and the sequences that you have in GISAID EpiFlu database. Remember to 
release your sequences and use the Isolate ID, e.g. EPI_ISL_16494781, and 
report for haemagglutinin gene in HAISD variable to report to TESSy.

Please also report antiviral susceptibility data for oseltamivir, zanamivir 
and baloxavir.

Additionally, please ensure that the data for the 2023/24 season is 
complete, for the following record types and fields:

-             INFLCLIN: intensity reporting

-             INFLVIR or RESPIAGGR: sentinel and non-sentinel detections and 
test of influenza, RSV and SARS-CoV-2

-             INFLSARIAGGR: detections and tests per age group and per 
pathogen

Please email [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  (for EU/EEA 
countries) or [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  (for 
countries outside EU/EEA), if you need assistance with data reporting.

Additionally, we would like to remind you to share specimens/isolates with a 
WHO Collaborating Centre by 14 August 2024. This will enable Collaborating 
Centres to have a good set of results ahead of the SH VCM.

The criteria for selection of specimens to send to a WHO CC are described in 
Operational Guidance for Sharing Seasonal Influenza Viruses with WHO 
Collaborating Centres available on the public WHO web site at: 
https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/259400.

Best regards,

The ECDC and WHO Europe Influenza teams

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.